Region :- Himachal Pradesh
Duration :- 7 Days
Grade :- Moderate
Max Altitude :- 19,553 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 27 Kms.
Opening up a brilliant view of the Kinnaur Lahaul Spiti area from a height of 19, 600 feet, Kanamo Peak is a fascinating trek. It offers a different quality of the Himalayas—arid mountain deserts and sparse vegetation with only a touch of snow in the summit stretch.
On the way you will stop at exotic villages of Spiti and get to experience the delights of their harvest season in August. The villages on the Kaza to Kibber stretch are famous for growing sweet green peas and the lush green patches of pea fields amidst the mountain desert is a sight to behold!
Another highlight of this trek is the mixed ground of snow and boulder moraine or scree. This makes for a loose base and a precarious trek. You can overcome the risks with a little support from your trek guide and by learning the trick of walking with big and bold steps. Though you are not likely to find deep snow in Kanamo in August until the summit climbing stretch, strong advice goes for carrying crampons and other snow trekking essentials.
The Kanamo Peak Trek demands a good level of fitness and a few high-altitude treks to the trekker’s credits. We have made this trip agreeable with an entire day for acclimatization and rest at the base camp, but nothing can make up for faltering fitness.
Start following a health regime as per our guide for difficult level treks at least three months prior to the trip.
Who Can Go:-
Here are the fitness criteria one has to match absolutely for conquering Kanamo Peak with us:
- Experience of any high altitude trek at least 1 trek.
- The climber must be fit and have sufficient stamina to cover 5 km of distance in 30 minutes without a stress.
- A goods carrying benchmark relevant in this expedition, the climber should be able to carry a 10 to 15 kg expedition bag pack.
- Heart problem, high blood pressure, asthma, and epilepsy cannot be reconciled on this mission. The climber must not have these conditions mentioned above.
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping).
- Meals Kaza to Kaza (Veg.).
- Transport Kaza to Kibber and return.
- Trek equipment's. Sleeping bag, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, mattress, crampon.
- Two night accommodation in Kaza on Day 1 and Day 6 (As per itinerary) twin/triple sharing.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Entry Permits
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Porter/Mule to carry personal luggage.
Manali to Kaza,
Altitude-12, 470 ft.
early morning drive (6 am)
6 hour drive
Self paid transportation
Stay in guest house
Local market and network available
Kaza to Kibber
Altitude- 14, 010 ft.
1 hour drive
Visit Key monastery
Stay in guest house
Acclimatization day at Kibber
Kibber to Kanamo Base Camp
Altitude- 15,748 ft
6-7 hr trek with packed lunch on the way
Accommodation in tent
It’s a moderately difficult level climb, the ascent goes steeply for the first 4 hours after this, the path evens out to a flat walk, followed by a short while of gradual ascent
There are no water points on the way, so, carry 2 liters of water or ORS drink
Base Camp to Kanamo Peak
Altitude- 19, 553 ft
Continuous ascent, 4 hour of steep climb, the ground is completely filled with scree while higher up you will find scree mixed with snow, the descent is of 2.5-3 hour< Make sure to carry 3 liter of drinking water, because there are no water point on the way
Kanamo Base camp to Kaza via Kibber
Altitude: 12, 470 ft
Gradual descending trail to Kaza
6 hour journey including the trek to Kibber from Kanamo base camp and the drive to Kaza from Kibber
Carry sufficient water for the trek
Accommodation in guest house
You’ll reach Manali between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm. You can book your travel any time after 7:30 pm.