Chanshal peak (14,830 ft/ 4520mtrs) is the highest peak in the Shimla district. Chanshal pass is
accessible by road from May to November. Chanshal Lake is only 8kms from Chanshal top. Chanshal
lake trek is a short trek of only 4 days. If you are a first time trekker then Chanshal Lake Trek is ideal for
you. It is almost a straight trek of 8kms with few slopes. The trek starts from Chanshal Pass itself. It is truly a heaven for nature lovers.
Day 1. Shimla to Gumma Campsite(Chirgaon)
· Arrival at Shimla. Departure for Gumma Campsite By our Cabs.
· The journey to Chanshal will take around 5-6 hours.
· After briefing, camp overnight at campsite.
· The day ends with the bonfire after dinner.
Day 2. Gumma Campsite to chanshal pass.
· Start early.
· The place is full of picturesque locations making it a photographer’s delight.
· After breakfast , journey to Chanshal will take around 3 hours.
· The trek starts from Chanshal Pass and passes through beautiful meadows.
It’s an easy trek, takes around 4 hours to reach Chanshal Lake/Saru Lake.
Night stay nearby Saru Lake.
Don’t miss the sunset.
Day 3. Chanshal / Saru Lake to Chanshal Pass
After breakfast trek back to Chanshal Pass.
Lunch at Chanshal Pass.
After lunch trek to Chanshal Top, it takes around 1 hour.
Chanshal Top is one of the best sunset spot, enjoy the sunset.
Descent down to the camp site.
The day ends with the bonefire and dinner.
Day 4. Gumma camp-site to Shimla
After breakfast drive back to Shimla.
Trip ends here.